Founded in 1970, the Saskatoon Community Foundation (SCF) currently manages assets worth more than $65 million. The mission of the SCF is to contribute to the quality of life by building endowments, strategic grant making and community leadership.
The Executive Director, reporting to the Board of Directors, is responsible for the overall management and day-to-day operations that include strategic planning, processes, and oversight of all functional areas. A motivated and driven professional, they will promote and support the financial, operational and organizational health of the SCF. As an experienced leader, this person will establish strong relationships with the Board, volunteers, staff, outside agencies, organizations, and community members to assure the accomplishment of the SCFs mission and vision and the accountability the SCF has to its diverse citizens.
Education and Experience:
- University degree or certificate with a focus on business or similar, A Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation is preferred
- 5 plus years working in a Sr. Management Role
- Experience working with a not for profit organization in management or volunteer capacity with an understanding of philanthropy, a commitment to the local community, and working with a Board of Directors
- Successful leader of people, able to retain top talent
- Experience with public relations, networking, and campaigns
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong business acumen, able to plan and strategize
- Strong relationship building, outgoing, and approachable
- Motivated team leader, able to lead positive change
- Able to see the big picture and think outside the box, and be creative
- Results driven, problem solver and able to provide solutions
- Proactive, strong organizational skills, able to prioritize
- Dynamic communicator with both written and verbal skills along with presentations skills
For complete details of the position please go to this posting.
All inquiries are welcome. For more information, please contact Tracy Arno directly at email@example.com or call 306.652.5209.
Send applications to:
Tracy Arno, President, Executive Search
1815D Lorne Ave
Saskatoon, SK, S7H 1Y5
We thank all that apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications close on July 17, 2015.
Cornerstone of the Community Award
“Your community makes you and you make your community.”
At the Saskatoon Community Foundation, we understand that “community” means “many coming together as one,” a group of people with a common location, culture or purpose. As individuals, we owe some of what we have become to our time and place, to the community that allowed us to learn, grow and flourish. We all know people who have given back to their community for years or even decades, transforming our city for the better. These people are often the “unsung heroes.” They don’t expect recognition or praise. We beg to differ!
The Cornerstone of the Community Award has been developed to honour those whose long service to the community is their legacy. The recipient of the award embodies the Saskatoon Community Foundation’s vision of making Saskatoon the best community in which to live.
Nominees should be residents of Saskatoon and area, and have a significant history of service to the community. This service could include some or all of the following: volunteering, leading, mentoring, creating community partnerships, building bridges in their neighbourhoods, or engaging in philanthropy that has a lasting impact.
The award will be presented on September 19, 2015 at the PotashCorp Mayor’s Cultural Gala at TCU Place.
To learn more about nominating someone for the award and to get the nomination form, please visit the Cornerstone of the Community Award page on our website.
Nominations Close: 4 pm, August 14th, 2015
Forward nominations to:
Cornerstone of the Community Award
c/o Saskatoon Community Foundation
101 – 308 Fourth Avenue North
Saskatoon, SK S7K 2L7
ATTN: Executive Director, Trevor Forrest